2020 Head for the Hills Bicycle RideThe Ultimate Training Ride
DUE TO CONCERNS SURROUNDING THE SPREAD OF THE COVID-19 VIRUS, THIS YEAR’S RIDE HAS BEEN CANCELLED. IF YOU HAVE ALREDY REGISTERED, YOU WILL BE RECEIVING AN EMAIL SHORTLY ADDRESSING REFUNDS. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.
A Recommended Ride
Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Washington County
Saturday, March 28, 2020
This is the sixteenth year for the Head for the Hills Bicycle Ride. Come enjoy an exhilarating ride through the hills of northeast Washington County while partaking of a visual feast of bucolic scenery and, with the cooperation of Mother Nature, a magnificent display of wildflowers. Visit the Testimonials page to learn what former riders think of the ride.
After-ride Eats and Entertainment!
Free snacks and Blue Bell ice cream will await you at the end of the ride. Then enjoy live music, sports bars, eateries and shops in Brenham’s Historic Downtown District, only one mile from Ride start/stop location aided by coupons you will find in your packet.
This year the ride will begin at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Brenham with registration at the food court in the Fairgrounds.
UDay-of-ride registration is at Washington County Fairgrounds food court. Cash, check, or credit card can be used to pay fees. Registration begins at 5:30 AM.
The ride starts between 8:00 & 9:00 AM, depending on your cycling speed and the route you are riding. Courses will be monitored from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Go to the MAPS menu item to see maps of how to get to registration, after ride food trucks and local restaurants, and the three routes. The SAG Drivers tab will have a list of SAG drivers’ names and phone numbers on the day of the ride.
Those who are not Ready2Roll Cycling members registering prior to March 23 will get a free t-shirt.
- All riders must obey all state and local traffic laws.
- All riders must obey all Law Enforcement Personnel, Ride Officials and Volunteers.
- Ride single file unless passing.
- All riders must practice appropriate cycling and safety etiquette at all times during the event.
- All riders must wear a bicycle helmet.
- Headphones, cell phones, ear buds, radios and similar audio devices used in, on or around the rider’s head or ears are not permitted while riding (Tandem communication accessories are allowed).
Some of the Causes Supported by Previous Rides
- Adam’s Angels – aid for child cancer victims
- Main Street Local History Day – living Texas history presentations for 4th and 7th graders
- PolioPlus – world-wide elimination of polio
- Boy and Girl Scouts
- Boys and Girls Club
- Child Protection Services Adoption Fair
- Rotary House Stipends – partial reimbursement for hotel expenses incurred at Rotary House for Washington County cancer patients being treated at MD Anderson
- Brenham Heritage Museum
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hospice of the Brazos Valley
- Miracle Farm – helping wayward boys
- Camp for All – totally barrier-free recreational facility for the disabled
- Unity Theater – to support summer youth programs at the theater
- Bread Partners – providing and delivering to the needy and elderly
- Scholarships for Brenham High School students
- International clean Water projects
- Guerrero Clinic – a Rotary established clinic providing eye and dental care to the indigent population of Mexico